Our Care Philosophy is all about Respect
We know the decision to consider a care home for your loved one is never easy. But, it can be the best choice for an Elder who needs more support than you can give.This will give you the freedom to relax and enjoy your visits at the Lodge. Our Care Program, considers the unique care needs of each Elder and in keeping with the Eden Alternative Philosophy is designed to reduce the plagues of loneliness, helplessness and boredom. Families are core members of our Care Team and you provide valuable input into the design of your loved one’s unique care needs .
- Is based on an individualized assessment of your loved one’s needs. We respect that each of our Elders is a unique individual with varying needs that we strive to meet.
- Involves our resident, the family and significant others. We respect that you have intimate knowledge of your loved one and we want you to always feel you can share your thoughts and ideas with us.
- Encompasses physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs. We respect that each of our residents has lived an active life with varying interests, and we strive to keep them engaged, interested, and connected in whatever way works best for them.
- Is geared toward maximizing independence and individual potential. We respect that each of our residents comes to us with different levels of care dependence but we capitalize on every opportunity to encourage and honour independence and potential. Living is our focus.
- Is carefully coordinated and inter-disciplinary. All of our skilled team members respect the importance of delivering care with dignity.
- Meets or exceeds the standards of regulatory agencies. We demand high standards and we take pride in our A+ report card as a fully accredited facility with Accreditation Canada.
- Is the central focus of all activity within KL; it is why we exist. We respect that it is also how we will be defined.
- Is respectful of residents rights as described in the Ministry of Health.