“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”~ Margaret Mead
- Kathleen-Kennedy Strath, CEO Kathleen, holds a BSc, MBA and CMA and has over 30 years of experience in health care, and 20 as a senior manager in complex care. An Eden Alternative Associate, she joined the team at KL in 2005. Reporting to the Board of Directors, she is responsible for the day-to-day operations at Kinsmen Lodge. Kathleen, is a dedicated leader driven by her commitment to ensuring the legacy of compassionate care continues to thrive.
- Terri Ferguson, Director of Care Terri has worked as RN with Elders for the past 15 years as a floor nurse, supervisor, clinical educator and Director of care. She is passionate about ensuring Elders receive the best care physically, spiritually and mentally. Terri became an Eden Associate approximately 8 years ago and strives to continuously support all staff to embrace the Eden Philosophy.
Terri believes ongoing education for all staff is important not only because we need to always be moving forward professionally but also because knowledge increases self esteem moral and teamwork.
- Leisa Bannerman, Director of Recreation and Volunteer Services Leisa is a Certified Recreation Therapist, and Health Care Manager, an Eden Alternative Associate and the Vice President of the Leisure Practitioners Association of BC, with 25 years of experience in both the acute and long-term health care sectors. She joined KL in 1995 and enjoys creating a robust and progressive program roster supported by over 140 volunteers which ensures KL remains connected to the greater community of Surrey.
- Paul Chappelle, Manager Building Operations Paul holds Building Training and Operations certificates and is responsible for all aspects of building operations and maintenance. His 33 years of experience in the health care sector ensures a wealth of expertise and knowledge. Paul enjoys all aspects of his role, especially getting to know the Elders.
- Mary Jean MacGibbon, Executive AssistantMary Jean has over 20 years of experience in healthcare in Finance and Human Resources. She came to Kinsmen Lodge in 2006 and in addition to being the Executive Assistant to the CEO and the Board of Directors, she also manages Accounts Receivable and Resident Affairs. With her excellent communication skills, she assists Elders and their families through the admission process and helps navigate some of the challenges of moving a loved one into care.
- Tess Masegan, AccountantTess came to Kinsmen Lodge in 2007 after working several years with a downtown law practice. She and her family are long time Surrey residents and Tess made a conscious decision to work closer to home to enable her to fulfill her personal goal to become a Missionary. As the accountant, Tess’s expertise and attention to detail along with her appreciation for the wisdom of our Elders, makes her a valued member of the team.