“Honouring Elders is a value we strive to demonstrate and inspire in future generations”.
Kinsmen Lodge is governed by the Whalley & District Senior Citizens Housing Society, a non-profit organization which was incorporated in 1961.
The Board welcomes new members to the Society and invites their participation at the Annual General Meeting held in June each year.
The Board of Directors is charged with providing Complex Care according to the provisions of the Community Care and Assisted Living Act. The Board is responsible for policy development, strategic planning, and quality improvement, so that Kinsmen Lodge, through its staff, is able to maintain the highest quality service to meet our community’s needs.
- Brian Joel – ChairBrian holds a BBA from SFU and has considerable business experience. As CEO of POSitec, for 20 years, a computer software and development company, he took a home based business and built it into a multi million dollar national operation with specialized software for drug stores across Canada. He is a long time Surrey resident where he lives with his wife and family, he runs marathons, and is an active volunteer in his church. His inspiration for serving Elders is wanting to give back to the community for the many gifts he has received in life.
- Brian Cote – Secretary Brian graduated with a business degree from the University of Calgary. He is currently Business Development and Sales Manager; Canada, for Mutual Materials™ a manufacturer of clay brick and architectural concrete products. He has served on numerous Boards at the provincial and national level. Brian lives in South Surrey where he and his wife can enjoy their grandchildren who live nearby.
- Art Hildebrant – DirectorArt has been a volunteer with Kinsmen Lodge for over twenty years, during which time he has bartended at many of our Happy Hours and Pub Nights as well as sat as Chair of the Board of Directors. He has always been active in local politics and is an advocate for improving safety and transportation for the City of Surrey and helping to reduce crime in his home neighbourhood of Whalley. Art spent most of his career in sales and continues to work part time at Home Depot assisting the Do It Yourselfers (DIY’s) to complete garden upgrades and home renovations.
- Joy Page – Vice ChairJoy Page, who holds a BSC and MSC in Nursing, is a retired Administrator from Douglas College where she was Dean of Health Sciences. With her strong background in healthcare, Joy brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to her role as a Director and will be an asset in risk management, Licensing Regulations, and Accreditation. Joy continues to do consulting for post secondary and nursing education programs as well as help plan vacation cruises.
- Thomas Harding – Past Chair Thomas Harding is a trial lawyer at Trial Lawyers Advocacy Group and frequent speaker on issues of the law and its impact on the public. A resident of Surrey where he lives with his family, He has served on the Board for 5 years and also volunteers with equal passion for the Surrey Food Bank. “My continuing inspiration to serve in Elder Care comes from attending the new Lodge every two weeks, to read to the Elders. The grace and joy I see at the Lodge – from Elders, Staff, and Management – all make me want to do more.” You Need A New Will
- Brownie DoveBrownie Dove is a long-time member of the Kinsmen Club of Whalley/Newton. He joined the KL Board in 1993 and was a Board member for the following 15 years including a term as the Board Chair prior to stepping down in 2013. He is an experienced salesman who specializes in flooring. He brings years of experience as a volunteer and we welcome him back on the Board.
- Craig Elliot – Treasurer Craig Elliott CGA, CPA, MBA, is a Partner with Crowe MacKay LLP. Craig specializes in providing account and tax solutions to entrepreneurial businesses and their shareholders. Craig is an active volunteer in the Not for Profit sector.
- Bob Martin Bob Marten is a graduate from UBC’s Engineering School and also a former Board member from 2007-2013. He was recruited through a well, but little known, network called TRAIL BC. He and Director, Gerry Della Mattia, were high school mates and hooked up at an annual Trail BBQ right here in Surrey’s Bear Creek Park. Bob was on the KL Building Committee where his engineering skills were well used and appreciated during the construction of our new building.
- Bill GillSince joining MacKay LLP Chartered Accountants in 1998, Bill has been involved in all areas of public practice. He enjoys providing accounting and tax services, including personal and corporate tax planning, for owner-managed businesses. His experiences include providing a wide variety of expertise to industries such as automotive, construction, real estate, investment, manufacturing, retail sales and wholesale distribution.Bill graduated from Simon Fraser University in 1997 with a Bachelor of Business Administration and obtained his Chartered Accountant (CA) designation in 2001.In addition to being a board member with Kinsmen Lodge, Bill has volunteered with the Surrey Board of Trade Business Excellence Awards Committee and the Greater Vancouver Home Builders Association Education and Training Committee.